Wednesday, February 11, 2009

2 month appointment

Avery had her 2 month doctor visit today. She weighed 11lbs 11oz and 23 1/2 inches long. She's in the 90th percentile for her height! Tall girl! She gained almost 3 lbs in a month! The doctor checked her out and said she's just perfect, but mommy already knew that. I have to schedule her repeat hip ultrasound and hearing check. Hopefully I can get those done before I go back to work.

She got one oral vaccine and 3 shots today! Poor baby. Grandma held her down while mom cried in the chair. She did really good, I didn't. She's been sleepy most of the day and fussy when she's awake. The Tylenol is keeping the fever down though.

I can't believe how much she has grown in 2 months. She is so long. She is still fitting into her 0-3 month clothes but I don't know for how long she will be able to. I think I'm going to have to wash her 3-6 month clothes and get those ready. She is so much more alert and bright eyed than she was just a few short weeks ago. She will turn her head now if someone is holding her to find me when she hears me talking. It's cute. She smiles a lot and two days ago I even heard a little laugh! She is such a big girl. She is still sleeping with me and I'm okay with that for now. I like being close to her at night. She has slept through the night one time! It was only once but at least I know she has the potential!

I start working on March 2nd. It makes me sad to leave her, but I'm thankful to have found a job with the way things are right now. I'm thankful that I'm only working 3 days a week and that I will still have 4 whole days a week to be with her. I'm going to enjoy these last couple weeks at home with her. I didn't think I would be able to be off work this long.

I'm going to go snuggle Miss Fussy Butt. I hope you all are well!

Love you all!

No comments: