Saturday, June 27, 2009

She's doing great!

Avery is old pro at sitting now! She's content sitting on the floor and looking around or playing with little toys. It's too cute. She's also old hat at rolling belly to back. I just went and checked on her (as I do every night before bed) and she's laying head at the foot of the bed on her back instead of her belly. Now if she would just roll the other way consistently. Maybe I should edit that to say "to WANT to roll the other way consistently". She can do it, she's just stubborn. I wonder where she got that from.

She is LOVING food and now knows that what momma puts in her mouth off of a spoon is food and she wants some too! She was pretty mad last night when I wouldn't give her chicken or salad. She had to settle for stage 2 sweet potatoes.

We made a voyage to Indy yesterday for Simone and Josh's wedding! I don't have pics of the wedding because I was trying to keep the screecher quiet but I have a few pics of Avery at the reception. She's always mesmerized by the camera and it kept her occupied for 0.08 seconds. She quickly moved on the other such fun things: the fork, the knife, the water glass, lifting mommy's dress, etc. ::sigh::

Now that we have power back (we were living like the Amish for 2 whole days!) I'm trying to get laundry done and the fridge cleaned out. I'm sitting her right now relishing the AC because, of course, we lose power on one of the freaking HOTTEST weeks of the year. Good thing Grandma and Grandpa still had power. We were sweating in places we didn't know you could sweat!

No comments: