Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Funk

I've been in a funk. A eat-a-quart-of-ice-cream kind of funk. Have I eaten ice cream? Not a single bite.

Today I took out my aggressions IN THE YARD. Mexican jumping beans, who is this girl!

Let's start with yesterday, I trimmed one of the trees in my back yard that is reaching over my fence. There is still a long way to go back there. My can was full so it has to wait.

Today I planted a pot garden! Tomatoes, strawberries, hot peppers, mint. Oh my! My neighbor gave me starts from various flowers that I have in a pail waiting to be planted, I can't decide where I want them. I think the ones I have now will go around the mailbox. She said she has tons more for me when I'm ready for them in the back yard. One of my tomatoes is in one of those weird/cool topsy turvy things. I wonder if it's going to work! My strawberries already have little tiny berries growing.

And the most shocking? I started my own COMPOST BIN! I know, I know. It was super simple and I think it will be great on my "garden".

Fixed the car seat, cleaned out the car, etc. A productive day for me!

But, I did eat one tiny Dove chocolate. Shhhh!

1 comment:

Mom/Grandma said...

Sound to me like you work it off and then some.