Thursday, April 15, 2010

You know what's weird?

I used to give the side-eye to those moms in the grocery store playing silly games with their kids, looking disheveled. I didn't know why they thought it was ok to make a fool of themselves in public. Ah, young naive child was I.

This morning while in three different stores we played peek-a-boo, itsy bitsy spider, we talked to each other on our phones, clapped, blew raspberries, I was fed soggy goldfish (a staple in this house), counted one, three, two a hundred times, and gave kisses. Now I get it. I would jump up and down on one foot wearing a party hat if it kept my child happy and quiet in the store. And disheveled? Got it. I didn't even BRUSH MY HAIR this morning after my shower. Just straight back into a messy ponytail before I left the house. No make-up. Yoga pants. At least I remembered to brush my teeth. Pretty sure I remembered deodorant too. ::sniff sniff:: Or I didn't. Meh, can't win 'em all.

No comments: