Wednesday, May 5, 2010

I NEED a mental health day....er, night. DO YOU HEAR THAT POWERS THAT BE?!?! I NEED A MENTAL HEALTH DAY!

This is my current Facebook status. And man is it ever true. The thought of going into work tonight is making me a little misty-eyed. It has been a hard week (well, extended weekend) for our floor and morale is pretty low. I feel like I've been beat up. Kicked in the gut. Add to it the fact that I haven't had more than 2 days off at a time in a few weeks. Powers that be, are you still listening? Please take note of my previous sentence and kindly stop looking at me with your sympathy and condescending tone and tell me "Ah, I remember those days" because I kind of want to hit you. IF YOU REMEMBER THEN WHY ARE YOU TORTURING OTHERS? Stop messing with my schedule! I would love for you to come in and work my schedule and see how long you can hang. Never mind that I have a CHILD that I would like to see for more than 5 or 6 hours at a time.

I've tried taking pictures a couple times in the last two weeks (only a couple, sad) and my patience is thin. I can't remember settings, they're out of focus, the white balance is off.

Tomorrow, my lone day off before a class in the middle of the day for work, followed by another lone day off followed by another three nights in a row followed by another class day. Wait...where was I? Oh yes, tomorrow my day is already full. Sleep for a few hours, mow the yard, weed, water the plants, finish cleaning the bathroom, dust the wood, start packing for Hawaii, the list goes on and on. I know I won't get all of it done tomorrow, but you can see where I'm going with this right? Back to my first paragraph with the mental health day.

Is anyone seeing why I need a change yet? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

I know I'm whining. I know I just need to suck it up. I know lots of people have lots of things going on in their life that suck. A lot. But, why live life like that? Life is short y'all. Yep, that's cliche. It's also true and this week/weekend whatever at work has more than shined a light on that. Life IS short. Maybe you'll live to be 90, maybe you'll walk in front of a car tomorrow. You don't know. You aren't SUPPOSED to know. So maybe...



just MAYBE


we should all take a little bit of time to drink milk on the porch and listen to the rain.

No comments: