Tuesday, August 3, 2010

It was a great day!

What a great birthday! Since, 1-didn't take a ton of pics (and only took the point and shoot) and 2-am too lazy to get them off the camera, I'll just tell you about it.

I woke up at 9:00 (!!!!) this morning to over 50 birthday wishes via facebook and text message. What a way to start a day! I got ready and did a quick check for any gray hairs (there were none...whew) and made breakfast for me and Avery. I woke her up, we ate, and left the house to head to the aquarium.

She.loved.it. It was so cute ooo-ing and aahh-ing over all the fish and frogs and turtles. She thought the "peety birdies" were funny. She wasn't interested in the alligators at all but LOVED the sharks. She got to pet a shark and a starfish. She kept yelling "SHARK" when we were in the tunnel and said "WOW" when one swam over us. At the end of our trip through the aquarium I stopped and bought a season pass for us so we can return whenever we want and she can see the "SHARKS"! We ate lunch and walked along the river for a bit. She fell asleep in the car on the way home. It was so adorable to see her sleeping with her mouth open.

We ordered pizza for dinner since I didn't feel like cooking. She kept saying "mahmee no no no GAPES (grapes)". She ate mostly grapes and little pizza for dinner.

The mailman brought me a GREAT present. My Sigma 70-300mm lens. Oooo. It's so PRETTY! I messed around with it a little bit tonight. I love it!

I think I had a fantastic birthday! So far, 26 isn't so bad.

No comments: